Sunday, January 20, 2013

Vocal Point

For date night this week we went and saw Vocal Point.  They are an A Capella group from BYU.  They were so amazing! They sang hymns, top 40 hits, and older songs from Elvis:)  They sounded great and they were super funny.  The best part was that we scored the tickets for free.  *Little background.  Brian and I both weren't really sure if we wanted to go. Not sure if we wanted to pay the money to go see them but then Brian's friend and his wife couldn't go to the show and they gave us their tickets. So we decided what the heck lets go and if we don't like it we can leave.* Anyways, so I get there to the Hart and it is PACKED! (Brian had to run to another building on campus to get the tickets from his friend.) The lines were down the stairs and wrapped around the hallways. It was ridiculous! I couldn't really tell where the line started or ended so I just squeezed in next to some people and ended up by the front of the line. But we got good seats or as good of seats as we can get in the bleachers section. :)

They did a segment where they sang like 20 different songs that use the same 4 chords.  It was really cool!
On the way out I ended up buying their hymn CD. It is called "Lead thou me on" and is awesome. The first song on the CD is "Lead Kindly Light" which just so happens is one of my favorite hymns.  So I was pretty much sold!
Seriously though if you get the chance listen to the CD:)

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." ~Berthold Auerbach
Caitlin

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I

    They have done this too, but Vocal Point does it better, since 1)They don't have any instruments. 2)They added their own little version.

    ReplyDelete