Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Little Reminders

I found this blog post after my friend posted it on Facebook   The post is called "Drops of Awesome". I don't know about anyone else but I feel like sometimes I get so caught up in my failures that I don't take the time to celebrate my victories.  That is what her post is about.  I know that sometimes after I do something good I start to tear myself down because it reminds me that I have failed so many times before.  In the post she gives the example of worshiping in the temple and how sometimes she felt like "big deal how many times have you not come."  I've realized that I do that to myself all the time. "You finished your homework early. Who cares! You'll procrastinate next time." "You made dinner and had it ready when your hubby got home. Doesn't matter he'll have to ask you to start dinner tomorrow."  "You read your scriptures tonight? You didn't last night or the night before." As I was reading the post I realized how much of my own worst enemy I am.  She talks about how to turn that around she started thinking "Drop of Awesome" every time she did something good. It was such a great reminder that we are awesome. I am awesome because I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father.  I have all the potential in the world to be something amazing because of Him.  I know that it will take small steps to become who Heavenly Father wants me to be.  I just need to remember to fill my bucket with drops of awesome  everyday and the Savior will do the rest.  He will bridge the gap so that I can become the best Caitlin I can be.  I am awesome!  
http://www.daringyoungmom.com/2012/12/19/drops-of-awesome/
I posted the link so that you can read the blog.  I promise that it is amazing and worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment