Saturday, January 16, 2010

Letter to the Editor


For my Civics class I had to write a letter to an editor. I could choose my topic.
I chose the argument of Gay Marriage.

I'm at sixteen-year-old female living in Southern California. I've recently made some observation that I would like to comment on. In November on 200 the citizens of California voted Overwhelmingly to ban Gay Marriage. The judges in the California Supreme court had their personal agendas and were quick to over turn the will of the people. So, once again, in 2008 the voters went back to the polls to define marriage as only between a man and a woman. Again, the people of California said No to Gay Marriage. Yet again, the California Supreme Court Judges are deliberating on whether or not to ignore the will of the people. This makes me wonder: Why Vote if the wishes of 9 judges can over rule the votes of 7 million people?

No comments:

Post a Comment