- As you study the following verses, make a list of what the Savior taught about (1) what the Holy Ghost does and (2) what disciples must do to receive the Holy Ghost:
- John 14:15–17 : 1) The Holy Ghost will abide with us and be a comforter. He will be the spirit of truth. 2)Keep the commandments
- John 14:26–27: 1) The spirit will teach all things and bring things to remembrance. Peace will be given to us. 2) Don’t be afraid and don’t let your heart be troubled.
- John 15:26–27 : 1) The spirit of truth and testify of the Father. 2) We will bear witness of the Father.
- John 16:7–8 : 1) The Holy Ghost will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment. 2) We must live worthy
- John 16:13–14 : 1) The Holy Ghost will guide us in all truth and shall glorify the lord. 2) We must do the work for him to testify of truth.
· Add to your list above as you study the following resources:
- Institute student manual Points to Ponder, “The Holy Ghost Brings Man to His Fullest Potential” (p. 168) Makes us a better person spiritually, intellectually, and physically and opens us to the pure love of Christ.
- Institute student manual Points to Ponder, “As a Messenger of the Godhead, the Holy Ghost Teaches Faithful Members” (p. 168) Instructs and enlightens the minds of the faithful and bears witness.
- Bible Dictionary, “Holy Ghost” (p. 704) Bears testimony of Jesus Christ and of his work and the work of his servants here on earth.
· Review your list of what the Holy Ghost does. Then write responses to the following tasks:
- Describe how the Holy Ghost helped the Apostles fulfill their missions after the Savior’s death and resurrection. The Holy Ghost helped the apostles fulfill their missions after the savior’s death by administering to them the things that they should do to bring the gospel to all the children of men. The same way he does for our prophets and apostles today. He is their constant companion and bears witness to the mysteries of the gospel so that we are taught correctly.
- Write a paragraph about a time when the Holy Ghost blessed you in one of the ways you listed above. Give an example of how the Holy Ghost has inspired you. The Holy Ghost has provided me with comfort many times. One time in particular I was really struggling and feeling alone. I had just started my first semester at college and was feeling overwhelmed. When I knelt down to pray I was pouring out my feelings. I had prayed asking to be comforted. Instantly I felt like I was being hugged. I knew that it was an answer to my prayer.