Saturday, September 20, 2014

Grateful in Any Circumstance

I'm feeling defeated!
 I'm frustrated. I don't know why nothing is working out for us. All we want is for Brian to get a job so we can support our family. Brian didn't get the job in Bakersfield. I don't understand. We thought for sure that he had this job. We prayed so much. Anytime I thought about it I sent up a little prayer. Brian fasted almost every Sunday. I'm not sure what we are supposed to do more. It kills me to see how Brian is reacting to this. I hate seeing him upset or discouraged. He thinks he is a failure. It breaks my heart to see him like this.
I know that Heavenly Father loves us and cares but it is so easy to feel forgotten. After Brian found out I just crumbled. We were counting on this job. Relying on our savings account isn't going to support us forever. I'm not sure what Heavenly Father wants from us. 
I knew I needed to read my scriptures. I used the search bar to search "trials". This was the first thing that popped up for me.
"I have Heard their prayers, and will accept their offering; and it is expedient in me that they should be brought thus far for a trial of their faith." 
Doctrine and Covenants 105:19
That was exactly what I needed to hear. I know that this trial was placed in front of us for a reason. 
I know that Our Heavenly Father loves us and is always there for us. 

As much as I wish that we had a job and a place of our own it is nice that Emery gets to grow up around family. 


I am just taking a deep breath and believing that another job will be placed in front of us. 
I am trying to be grateful for the place we are at in our life.






You can read or watch the rest here: https://www.lds.org/grateful-in-any-circumstances

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caitlin, Ciera here, used to be Bateson, now it's Dickinson. :) Hang in there. I have literally been in your exact same situation. New baby, recently graduated, living with the in-laws, and my husband not able to find a job to save our lives, no matter how hard we tried. It is so discouraging. But let me tell you that going through those trials made us stronger as a couple and family, and eventually he did find a job. It wasn't the perfect job we wanted, but it worked. And it eventually led us to law school, which is right where we need to be. Going through that made me appreciate everything we had so much more because I knew what it meant to go without so many things. Someday soon you will look back and see all the things you learned and how you were blessed for enduring. I know right now it sucks, but just hang on, day by day.

    ReplyDelete