Monday, February 25, 2013

Turning Off Facebook

Today I chose to turn off Facebook for a while. I was on it a bit too much and it was starting to interfere with my schoolwork and life. My time is so limited and I don't want to spend it watching other people live. School is keeping me so busy and I don't have time to waste my life on Facebook.

My sweet hubby and I were talking and he kindly pointed out to me that I was spending too much time on Facebook and other technology. It got me thinking that maybe I should try and stay away from it for a  while.

Then, in my religion class we were talking about media. He is having us track our media use for two weeks. The time I spent using technology and Facebook was more than I'd like to admit to.  At first I thought that maybe I could just limit my time.  The more I considered that option the more I knew it wouldn't work. I needed to quit cold turkey.

Today in my English class we read an article called "Is Google Making us Stupid". We talked about technology and how it can be an addiction.  I admit that I am addicted to Facebook.  It reminded me of the talk "Good, Better, Best". Facebook can be a good thing but there are better things I could be doing. I wonder if spending so much time on Facebook hindered my progression.  

Anyways, right after class I promptly deleted Facebook off my phone.  I went online to delete my account but I couldn't figure that out. So I just logged out and deleted it off of my favorites. I admit that it is really hard to not get on.  I opened up my computer and it I almost went straight to it. I'll keep you updated on how I do.

Love, Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment